Friday 9 August 2013

OPRAH WINIFREY THE LATEST VICTIM ON RACISM


OPRAH WINFREY was the victim of racism during a trip to Switzerland when a retail assistant allegedly refused to serve her in an up market store-because she was black.

Winifrey, who has earned £51.3 million since June last year (12) according to Forbes magazine’s new list of highest paid TV personalities, was in the country for pal singer Tina Tuner’s wedding last month (July 13) when a foolish and snooty shop assistant in Zurich failed to recognize her.

Winifrey, who quietly left the store, tells Entertainment last night,” I was in Zurich the other day, for Tina Tuner’s wedding…(and I went by my self to) a store whose name I will not mention. I didn't have my eyelashes on, but I was in Full Oprah Winifreh gear…But obviously The Oprah Winifrey Show is not in Zurich.

“I go into a store and I say to the woman,’ Excuse me, could I see the bag behind your head?’ And she says to me, ‘NO’. It’s too expensive… so I left the store. There’s two different ways to handle it. I could’ve had the whole blow up thing...but why do that? (Racism) still exists, of course it does”
Oprah is currently promoting her new movie The Butler, which Chronicles America’s Civil rights battle and race riots.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Facebook Favorites More