Friday 9 August 2013

Switzerland Apologies to Oprah Winfrey Over Racist Shop Incident

After the racist shop assistant in Zurich refused to show Oprah Winifreh a hand bag worth $40,000,because she felt Oprah could not afford it, the entire country has being begging for her forgiveness . The incidence occurred last month , when Oprah was in Zurich to attend her pal, Tina Turner’s wedding ceremony.

She walked into the Up Scale Triols Promme Boutique where she noticed the hand bag. She asked to see it, but the shop assistant refused, insisting she can’t afford it. Oprah described the exchange to Entertainment night:
“One more time, I tried. I said, “But I really want to see that one’ and she said ‘oh, I don’t want to hurt your feelings’, she said. ‘Okay thank you so much. You’re probably right I can’t afford it and I walked off the store”.

Now Switzerland’s national tourism board has issued an apology on behalf of the country, saying

“We are very sorry for what happened to her”. The board also begged for Oprah’s forgiveness on twitter, saying the shop assistant “acted terribly”.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Facebook Favorites More