Thursday 5 October 2017

Renowned film maker Harvey Winstein issues apology over sexual harassment allegations

Film producer Harvey Weinstein has issued an apology as a newspaper reported a number of sexual harassment allegations against him.The Miramax and Weinstein Company co-founder said in a statement,

 “I appreciate the way I’ve behaved with colleagues in the past has caused a lot of pain, and I sincerely apologize for it. Though I’m trying to do better, I know I have a long way to go.”
 Mr Weinstein, a married father-of-five, said he planned to take a leave of absence from his company and had hired therapists to deal with his issue.
 "My journey now will be to learn about myself and conquer my demons," the 65-year-old's statement on Thursday said.I so respect all women and regret what happened,""I cannot be more remorseful about the people I hurt and I plan to do right by all of them."
He added that he was working with therapists and planning to take a leave of absence to “deal with this issue head on.”
But he later disputed a New York Times report that claimed he harassed female employees over nearly three decades.
The newspaper reported he had reached at least eight settlements with women.

The Miramax and Weinstein Company co-founder has produced a number of Oscar-winning blockbusters, including Shakespeare in Love, The King's Speech and The Artist.
Mr Weinstein's lawyer, Lisa Bloom, said in another statement that he denies many of the allegations against him as "patently false".


BBC

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Facebook Favorites More