Wednesday 6 September 2017

M.I Album Review: Osagie Alonge Was Highly Disrespectful And Unprofessional

I should be resting now but this highly inappropriate and unprofessional video of Osagie Alonge's interview with M.I won't just allow the fetus and he take-out from last night settle properly, so here we go.
Anyone who knows me knows just how much respect I think I had/have for Osagie Alonge, I mean let's say it as it is...for most writers in the music business, he is like a mentor.


 It is our job as music critics to ascertain if a certain song/album is befitting for the fans/public, our beautiful, beautiful job lets us decide which artiste did a good job on a project or not and as much as many like to disagree, there is something about a negative album review that can sway public consciousness.

Most harsh criticism projects get are warranted, not everything can be golden. But every once in awhile, the critics get it wrong. Wrong in the sense of how they go about telling a 'rap legend' his project meant to evoke some sort of emotion has been bastardized by his lack of unintelligent lyrics.'

M.I has been in the game for a long time and during this time, churned out hits and misses up until he decided taking a haven't yet earned paternity leave is the way. Then he makes a comeback, and drops an album and like the critic, Osagie is, he did his job and decided, this project is unhealthy for human consumption. A decision, I want to believe was reached with a disappointed heart, earbuds, and brain giving the fact that M.I is a great artist, so somehow, I understand where Osagie is coming from.

However his way of dealing with this disappointment reminds me of a child who was never taught how to communicate properly thus, his need to throw tantrums get attention, I mean really sir...you had to use the word f**k on live TV. Not just fuck, if you had been give the opportunity you could have thrown few punches.

....just because I feel a certain way about you doesn't mean I won't tell the truth about you.
Now, this statement by Osagie couldn't sound more cliche...we all know that's what criticism is all about you needn't say this anymore.

Osagie, out of disappointment I want to believe, attacked an all too well calculated M.I. I wish I could use a milder word, but absolutely nothing is coming to mind and I dare say, he has some anger issues...but hey...that ain't my ish.
Every artiste has d**kheads around them who would rather lie to keep their somewhat fun life and job than telling the truth and have that artiste fire them cos if we are going to be truthful, how many artistes today love being told the truth. You try it, they immediately see you as an enemy or as the kids call it 'HATER.'

To tell you just how wrong this is...Osagie goes:
It is your weakest album, yes or no? Is it your weakest album Hi Mi?
Yup, he said Hi Mi, that's an angry man, not a critic.

Osagie Alonge, this is in no way criticism, this is a mere case of a hothead with a desperate need for attention. In fact all I can see here is a downright sad imitation of Charlamagne Tha god.....this is just downright unprofessional.
I haven't listened to M.I's album, so can't say for sure if Osagie is right about it being wack. I will listen and write a review, but until then.....this interview on Loose Talk Podcast should be banned immediately!!!!!




Tope Delano

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Facebook Favorites More