Monday 13 June 2016

My Unforgettable Encounter With Muhammad Ali – Sound Sultan Speaks


 
Singer and comedian, Sound Sultan has revealed his encounter with the late legendary boxer, Muhammad Ali as a child.
Naija Ninja boss, Sound Sultan is one of those who had the opportunity of meeting the Greatest boxer on his visit to Nigeria in the early 80’s.
Muhammad Ali2Sultan, in his tribute to the boxing great who passed on aged
 74, fondly recalled how Ali warmed up to his siblings during their meet at the International Trade Fair.
“When I met Ali I was just 8 years Old and my family was at the International Trade Fair,” the Lagos Islanders co-founder shared, “as he walked past everyone called out ‘Muhammed Ali’, babadeedare told my kid brother kay_spartan who was just 1 to call him THE CHAMP.”
“Hearing this, Ali turned to us and carried my brother on his neck and went shopping with us and only gave him back to us when he got into his sport car.
I cherished his humility and I am sure it has inspired me till this day. RIP TO THE GOAT #ripali,”Sultan recalled with fondness.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Facebook Favorites More