Wednesday 29 October 2014

I have no business looking like an old man – Says Charly Boy

The Area Fada himself is back with another masterpiece for his fans and haters to read. In this new article Charly Boy questions why he should portray the lifestyle of his age grades when he works so hard to maintain his tremendous body.

He titles the article ‘People like me.” Enjoy!

“The other day, I was taking a walk from my hotel on Tonyi street to Allen avenue to go pickup some munchies, amidst HAILING, “FADA” AREA “from cab drivers, area boys, almost all that passed me by. It was as if some people missed seeing my ugly face in Lagos. Suddenly one Keke driver stopped by my side, I thought he was going to offer me a ride to my destination. He took a long look at me, excited, he shouted.”haba AREAFADA, U no wan old again” and zoomed off, haba, see me see troubleoooo. And I wondered, should I stop looking my boyishnself because am a grandfather? Should I let go of the boy in me because am over sixty? Should I roll over and play dead because society frowns at older people who have a childlike/youthful disposition? Haba, which one be dem own sef?

That’s not all. Crack your Ribs comedy show is no match for some of the comments I have read on some Blogs about the Brand, cursing and calling me names from, silly old man, old fool, to Agbaya, as if their ignorant and frustrated outburst on the social media would change anything, or that their opinion can ever count in the scheme of things. I send una? God punish satan. Why does our culture have a poisonous mentality when it comes to ageing.For your liberation. For a few people like me, yes, it’s very true that graceful ageing should bring emotional balance, a better handle on stress, makes you wiser and more confident in your person. It also depends on how we look at things and where we stand.

For me as a Buddhist, part of it is knowledge. Knowledge is Power. If you have not figured out how to use your inherent intelligence/knowledge to generate great power and influence on your life by the time old age has set in, that would be a sad commentary on one’s life. Part of feeling and looking much younger, may lie in ones DNA, thank God I come from a damn good stock, but the most important would be life style.

When you have tremendous respect for your body, which by right should be one’s temple, and you treat your body right, you can’t help but shine from the inside out. I take my exercising seriously, I no longer smoke (cigarettes)never engaged in alcohol, fight tooth and nail to keep all negatives and negativity away from my thoughts, I sleep a lot, I am never promiscuous. And in all things I try to see positives not negatives. So what’s my business in looking or acting like an old man.

Some of my mates have different health issues they are dealing with, I even see people half my age with all kinds of medical problems, am in better shape so I thank the Lord that even at my age, my swag and My Ministry dey increase and I have not lost the glow from the inside. I still go dey ginger. I go do you, VooooM!! Bros e go be you like voodoo. Health is wealth. Age is counted in three ways .1 Chronological based on date of birth. 2 Biological age as determined by the health condition . 3. Psychological age depends on how old you feel and my guy, am feeling 35, u wan try? These days I don’t have to prove anything any more. Am cool just like that. No grey hair, no wrinkles, no sweaky bones, In fact all correct, and I owe that to my discipled life style, regardless of whatever I putout for comic relief as Charlyboy to keep frustrated Naijas, entertained and pondering.

I work with young people, I love young people because they infect me with their youthfulness and am grateful and privileged, having worked with some exceptional Nigerian YOUTH’s. Some people face quite different challenges and constraints in their lives, making it harder for one person to livepassionately than another. With no apologies, I live passionately.

The things that play major role in my life is giving, loving and family, NEVER money even though like most people, I don’t have enough of it. Money has become too important to us all. This country has enough for us all, but we’ve allowed it to be unfairly distributed, we are all guilty, Kaii. In all of this, I have learnt to embrace my vulnerability, because It makes me stronger.  People who are overwhelmed with concerns related to survival will deal with those first, possibly exhausting their reserves of energy simply to deal with the basics. Thank God, that is not my portion.. If we stop growing and learning we start aging and believe me, there is a hugedifference between growing old and aging. Beauty they say is in the eyes of the beholder, hmmmm, I am beholding this my body because I know Jah has planted in me the heart of a BOY.

Now pay attention. Those people who have angry, negative pessimistic attitudes die off early due to strokes, heart attacks and other  stress related illness, they don’t get to to be old! So the only old people left are the happy ones. Imitating youthfulness is the antithesis of remaining vital.

So my guy, for those wey e dey pain pass, you can keep putting a hating on me, it will never change the dynamics of your life nor mine but if you find my words deep enough, try and imitate, abegi don’t gesticulate, just formulate because a healthy life is a happy life, for people like me. AND You can take that to the bank. Now for the big question. Are you one of Us or one of Dem.?”

4 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Facebook Favorites More