Saturday 6 September 2014

I don’t need to do music to survive –MI Boasts

No doubt Chocolate City vice president, Jude Abaga, better known as MI, has made a name in the music industry in Nigeria. But the rapper has been on a break in the music scene for about four years without releasing an album, though he still headlines shows.

In a recent chat with Saturday Beats, the rapper said that he does not need music to survive as his endorsements alone put food on his table.

He said, “People have been saying whatever they like but I have been blessed that I don’t need to make music to survive. But now is the right time for me to come out because the music is there and the story is there. I stayed away waiting for the right time. Whenever you drive through Lagos or anywhere in the country and you see my face, you would know what I have been doing to survive.”

He also debunked rumours that he was under any pressure especially from his brother to release an album. Currently his latest song, King James, is topping charts and the rapper advised that musicians should sing socially conscious songs.

“Although I did not release an album in over four years, my younger brother released two in about six months but I was not pressured in any way. The competition between me and Jesse Jagz has been over years ago. We have been doing this for years and he won. I am on a different path making different music. I am on my own path making my own kind of music and my advice to everyone making music is to make songs that feel right. Every artiste should do music to raise social awareness,” he said.

5 comments:

Yes!!! that's why they call him chairman nau.

MI time don pass no two ways about that but he is still relevant.

My chairman i am ever loyal to u.

The Abagas are blessed with two talented people. But Jagz is far more talented than MI

He is just blabbing. Ok let him quit music let's see how long he would remain relevant. Remember Mode 9 was once invisible in the game but as of now he can't even sell his songs cos nobody cares anymore.

Post a Comment

Twitter Facebook Favorites More