Sunday 29 September 2013

Drake’s song upset his mom

Drake has always said a line or two about his mother in his tracks but we never thought we’d see the day where his mother would express her disapproval with Drizzy’s lyrics. In a recent interview Drake revealed that when his mother first heard “Too Much”, off ‘Nothing Was the Same’, it upset her. In the song Drake raps, “Hate the fact my mom cooped up in her apartment, tellin' herself/ That she's too sick to get dressed up and go do sh*t, like that's true sh*t”

During the interview Drake explains, “For the first time, my mom was really upset with me. She was upset because she felt like it warranted a personal conversation before I went and said that in a song. What I had to remind her of was that we had had this personal conversation many times over and I felt like it wasn't going anywhere. It was sitting on my chest so heavy that one night, when I had that second verse to finish, it just all... It was a huge release. I don't even think I've ever felt like that before. I wasn't even writing it down, and I'm not saying that to sound cool. I was just in the booth running in and out going line by line, because thoughts were going through my mind so fast."

We’re sure Drake and his mom have resolved the issue and all it well now.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Facebook Favorites More