Saturday 19 August 2017

‘Nothing wrong in entertainers running for political office’ – Jaywon


Nigerian singer, Jaywon, sees nothing wrong in Nigerian entertainers such as fellow singer, Kcee, running for a political office.

Kcee and Nollywood actor, Yul Edochie, are among the gubernatorial aspirants in the coming elections in Anambra State.

And Jaywon in an interview with Saturday Beats has defended them amid criticism from some quarters over their ambitions to hold a political office.


‘For me, nothing is wrong in Kcee or any entertainer wanting to run for political office. As long as you have what it takes to run and you show how credible that you are, people will definitely vote for you.’

He added, ‘The fact that the constitution was amended and gives a lot of people room to run, so the first set of people to run should be careful because of the future of the young ones coming behind them.

‘For me as an entertainer, I love my people in Kogi State and I am passionate about the youths there. That’s why I have promised myself that I will support all the younger generation of entertainers coming out from Kogi State.’

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Facebook Favorites More