Sunday 13 August 2017

I don’t care really care about winning awards- YCEE

Nigerian rapper, Ycee is obviously one of the rappers breaking new grounds in the country. Although the talented singer and rapper lost the prestigious Headies Next Rated Award to Mr Eazi in December 2016, he is not bothered.

In a recent interview, the rapper commented on losing the award.

‘I am here to do music and that’s my primary calling. Awards and other recognitions are just like icing on the cake. Inasmuch as my fans love what I’m doing and I’m able to keep them satisfied, then I’m good. However, not getting the award is a form of motivation for me. It is not like I am not good enough but I always strive to get better, and I will continue doing that. Don’t also forget that I won the Rookie of the Year award at the same Headies two years ago, so I guess one cannot win it all. I can assure my fans that the best is yet to come from me. I have a lot of great things in stock and they would be unveiled at the right time.’

Since the 2016 edition of the Headies, he has released an EP titled The First Wave.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Facebook Favorites More