Tuesday 15 August 2017

Conte lacks charisma - Costa blasts Chelsea manager

Embattled Chelsea’s striker Diego Costa  has referred to his manager Conte as “cold towards players” and also “lacks charisma needed by a top manager”.

The Brazilian star  is currently in his family home after being told by Antonio Conte that he doesn’t want him anywhere near the first team. The 28-year-old while sharing his side of the story to Daily Mail over his summer of controversy explained that his club had been treating him like a ‘criminal’ and he would be willing to spend a year in Brazil to avoid going back to Stamford Bridge.

He said: “They gave me a week extra off but since then it’s fines all the way. They want me training with the reserves. I am not going to do that. I am not a criminal and I am not in the wrong here. So, if they need to fine me, let them fine me. “I take the hit every week but I’m not driven by money. The important thing is to be happy with how I live. I’m here with my parents and people who respect me. “I am open to being a year in Brazil without playing, even if Chelsea fine me for a year and don’t pay me. I’ll come back stronger. If I was in the wrong, I’d go back now and do as they say.” Costa's relationship with Conte rapidly deteriorated late last season and he claims the Italian is "very distant" and "doesn't possess charisma".


However Costa maintained that his thoughts towards former gaffer Jose Mourinho is cordial as he keeps in touch with the Manchester United manager.

He added: "I respect him (Antonio Conte) as a great coach. He has done a good job and I can see that, but as a person, no. He is not a coach who is very close with his players. He is very distant. He doesn't possess charisma. "Jose has called me, direct to my phone, just to check I am OK and to see how I am.


"He wished me good luck. I never had any problems with Jose, we have a strong relationship. Everyone was very sad when things didn't work out in the end for him at Chelsea."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Facebook Favorites More