Friday 19 February 2016

Kanu Nwankwo says his Arsenal success opened the door for other African players

Yesterday marked the 17th year since Kanu Nwankwofirst signed for English football giants, Arsenal which he joined on February 18, 1999.

In an interview with Arsenal Player, Kanu disclosed that he believes his success at the EPL club opened an opportunity for others to come in.

‘I believe I was the first (African) person who came to England and did very well. After that, the doors opened for African talents so, with Arsenal behind me and what we did with Arsenal, everybody now tends to follow the English league,’ Kanu opened up.

He further praised Arsenal coach, Arsene Wenger for giving him the needed push.

‘When I came over I saw a good coach who saw the best in me. I was a good player because he made it easier for me to play.’

Kanu was in Arsenal for 5 years and he scored 44 goals in 198 appearances. His famous hat trick against Chelsea made him one of the stars of the EPL and he has also been placed on the list of Legends who have plied their trade with Arsenal.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Facebook Favorites More